2010年3月20日星期六

Google Wave Assignment Review

It has been too late to write about GW assignment already. But never mind, I'll just try to memorize and summarize some important things those I've learned during the assignment.

At first the challenge is its conflicts with the happy chinese new year, the cny is abrupt to the module schedule. It ends up I neither had a good holiday nor learned much in wave api. That is a common mistake I've been always  making. Maybe I should learn to focus on things more so that I don't get disturbed by other things.

The second thing I learned from the assignment is that google is really becoming a giant in the software world. Maybe not only software, we are also having Gphones in our life now. And so many amazing web services are provided by google. As a beginner of gmail user, I'm trying google doc, google code,google app engine as well. I'm really pleased to have so many userful services which I have missed for the past time. Well, luckily now I can proudly to say that I'm the first groups of people who are using googlewave. I think this product is very promising. The extensible widgets make it so much usability and fun. And the powerful API is the basic reason why the widgets can be versatile. Now giant google is still growing fast. I just can't wait to see how it will change our life in future.

The last thing is that I have to admit that I really contribute little in the whole assignment. Now I look back at it, I felt I lost some chance to learn new things. I should have not put limit to my self, I should keep reminding myself that I can do "that". I've received the email recently about google summer of code. It's a pity that I am not able to take it this holiday. But I'm sure I will strive for the next chance.

Lots of things to achieve and strive for, that's what university should be like.

没有评论:

发表评论